Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Off With Their Head...board?

I like it. I like the ease of it. The nonchalant bravery it gives to the room. I like it. But it's not for me in this house. I'm not going to lie to you. My headboard, is insane. Handed down to me from my self confessed Diva of a grandmother (the epitome of perfection, as far as grandmothers go), and it is, insane. When I inherited it, it was upholstered in blue velvet, and yes, you all know it's frame is gilded gold. But now it's a natural linen, and oh, did I mention, it's insane? But, there's something about the look of a sloppy headboardless bed that gets my heart to beating and makes my knees weak.

What does it do for you?

image via cote de sud
Yes. Please. Not even a question. This room is design perfection. Almost. I never would have thought to pair oversized sconces with such a small overhead piece, until I saw this. And I love how those sconces are really the dressiest things in this space. Those pillows. *insert lustful growl* Ditch that valance and you'd really have something here.
image via decorpad
Ah, the illusion of a headboard. But note the space between the top of the mattress and the mirror. This is a great look. French zen. I'd like to see a rug in here though. Sheepskin? Flokati? 

image via pinterest
Who needs a headboard when you have gorgeous windows like these?? Super cazh bed, super cazh rug, ah, wait, there it is. Gold. Done simply in dainty side pieces. 
 

Be inspired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...