Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stalking West U

Legally. Of course. I know most of you have committed my favorite guilty pleasure. Yes, I'm talking about neighborhood house stalking. You know, when you drive slowly down perfectly manicured streets hoping the occupants of your favorites homes have left curtains pulled back and lights on so that you can catch a glimpse of what's inside...sometimes, it's totally disappointing. Sometimes, it's the dream you imagined...

What I'm about to show you went up for sale in West U last year. I wanted it. Badly. But at $1,375,000, I was a few dollars short of being able to close the deal. Maybe next time...

The front entrance...with is charming landscaping and inviting pergola...


Ok, if I'm being honest with you all, which I always vow to be, the interior design of this place really isn't  my style. But, I like the bones of the space. These old world beams and fixtures are just my thing.


The floor is stained concrete. I personally like a white kitchen, but I could work with this!

The family room off of the kitchen. I love the colors and simple pieces in here. I could maybe see this room filled with my white furniture....maybe....

Those barstools are seriously fantastic!

Master bath. Hmmmmmm...I like...the.....floors. And shelving?

Breakfast space. I really do love the bench idea surrounding the table. I wanted to do this in our townhome.

The patio area between the main and guest houses. I loved that firepit so much I completely changed our firepit plans mid instal to something like this...

all images via har.com
Wow. This was definitely one that I wasn't expecting what I saw, but after only exterior drooling, I was happy to be able to nose around inside. I'm so glad I did this post. I pic by pic talked myself out of the lust I was feeling toward this home...next, please!

Be inspired...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...